We are happy to announce the Beta Release of the Exponent Vault on the Ethereum mainnet beginning on December 13, 2021, onwards.
Before diving into the details of this release, we would like to once again thank everyone who participated in the Alpha Release. We have made a number of improvements to the overall user experience based on your valuable feedback, and look forward to continuing to work with you towards the goal to build services and tools that help dApp developers optimize their capital management activities.
Aim of the Vault Beta Release
The aim of this release is to test the stability of the Exponent Vault. As a core part of the Capital-as-a-Service (CaaS) platform, the Vault is a set of smart contracts that tracks user deposits, withdrawals, asset allocations, and rebalances. It serves as a critical infrastructure on which capital allocation logic and strategies run on.
Key features added to the Beta release include:
- Issuance Module — vault deposits can be expensive due to on-chain shares calculation. We introduce an issuance module to streamline the cost so that each deposit is now equivalent to making 2 ERC-20 token transfers.
- Performance Tab — we received a number of requests for more data visualizations. Now users can view and track the vault performance over time denominated in ETH and USD. More metrics such as annualized returns will be added in subsequent releases.
- Wrapped Ether: the Vault receives deposits in wETH. To unify the user experience, we added the ability to wrap ETH and directly deposit it into the Exponent Vault without leaving the dApp.
Try Our Vault!
The wait is finally over. We are now accepting deposits. As this is the first mainnet release, the Vault will accept deposits in batches with the first batch capped at 25 wETH. The maximum capacity is set to incrementally increase over time.
With the Vault Beta Release, you can:
- Deposit — Deposit wETH into the Exponent Vault and receive Ex-Tokens. This Ex-Token represents your shares of the vault calculated by the Net Asset Value (NAV).
- Automated Strategy — Ex-ETH is a managed vault to grow long-term capital and operational assets in treasury by optimizing for low risk and stable growth in ETH and stablecoins. More about the strategy and vault allocation will be provided soon.
- Track Performance — The automated rebalance and performance of the vault can be tracked and reviewed in real-time.
- Withdraw — Ex-Token is needed to claim the underlying assets from the Exponent Vault. The redemption rate is calculated by the NAV at that time of withdrawal. At the moment, withdrawals are in the form of a basket of assets.
While the Vault contracts have been audited by Quantstamp, you should treat this as an early-stage software release that is high risk. Do not deposit more capital than what you can afford to lose.
How to Use Exponent Vault Beta
- Install and login to your MetaMask browser connected to the Ethereum Network.
- Go to https://app.exponent.cx/ or launch the app from https://www.exponent.cx/and select connect wallet on the top right of your screen.
- Sign in with your Metamask wallet.
- To deposit: Navigate to the Vaults page and select purchase ticket. Purchase a ticket using wETH. After the round has reached its 25 wETH goal, you will have the ability to redeem your Ex-Tokens.
- You will have to option to add the Ex-Token to your wallet from the app or manually add it via this address: 0xb3360034f9969b130ee2db18cad2eb533b3142ff
- To withdraw: Ex-Tokens can be used to claim a basket of the underlying assets, calculated at the NAV.
- Join our Discord to report bugs, share your feedback, and take part in community events.